Re: 5er in France

John Edward Miller writes:

> You're lucky the guy left the badges on so you could ID it as a diesel.
> Shaving the model badges off is almost de rigeur Over There.  I felt
> positively, uh, American running around in a badged 540i.

Diesel cars are easy to spot by their down-turned tail pipes.  Which
is why Mr. Collie's "316 tds" is an obvious fake. :)

The owners of the cars you saw without badges, probably didn't shave
them off. More likely, they ordered their cars without them.  It's a
no cost option (code 320).

With regards from John.
'96 318is (Badges? Badges?! ... Oh, nevermind.)
john.firestone@domain.elided