<E36>REPLY-Clunk when lowering power window

Brandon wrote:

        My driver side window (right side over here) makes a clunk sound
when I roll down the glass.  I removed the door panel and noticed when I hit
the button either to roll up or down, the X-shaped metal thingy holding the
glass would skip a little.  This happens everytime when the window is in
motion.  Can anyone help?  Thanks a lot!!
Brandon Ong

Yep. Sounds suspiciously like your window regulator is about to crack/break.
Haynes manual gives pretty good instructions on replacement.  Did one in my
brothers car not too long ago.  It's about a 1 to 2 hour DIY project.  You
will need to drill out or Dremel tool off old rivets, and replace them with
screws which are not included with the replacement window regulator.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD