FW: <Venting>I've just about had it with BMW Dealers, Maybe even BMW NA & AG!!!

Don't get the me wrong... I love My BMW's,
The thought of driving a Lexus 400GS & LS... Lets not go there yet!!!
I just sold a Porche...

My support to the BMW NA & AG:
1)  Since 1990 I have purchased 4 BMW's  [M6, 535(E34), M5(E34), 740(E38)]
totaling $211,000, purchased at 2 BMW dealers.  I still have 3 BMW's
'(88-M6, '91-M5 & '98-740).

2)  Since Oct. 1997, I have purchased $14,500 in upgrade and maintenance
parts, purchased at 2 additional BMW dealers.  (no problem here, I want the
Euro upgrade parts & maintenance is not cheep even if you DIY)

3)  A month ago I had my rear-ended 2 month old 740 repaired at a BMW
certified/dealer body shop $10,000.

4)  Can you imagine the money I have spent on parts at the local dealer(I
buy nothing but OE BMW parts) from 1990 -1997.  Before I was exiled from
their service bays, I was informed that I was their top dollar parts
customer(retail or wholesale!!)

BMW Dealer & NA's support for me as a customer:
1) In 1992, I was informed that the local dealer no longer welcomed my
vehicles in their service bays for warranty and/or maintenance work.  They
were destroying my M6 while they were performing warranty work and my
complaints were not welcome.  Warranty work only customers not welcome, the
general manager said!!  BMW regional & NA told me to, get use to it.

2)  I am unable to purchase an ETM, Repair Manual, Parts Catalog or
diagnostic software for my '98, 740.  BMW NA & AG wants to selfishly
capture all the service business for themselves.  Retail 2000 concept - BMW
will sell, service & sell you another!!  Independents & DIY's go pound
salt!!

3)  Last week, when I returned a failed, 11 month old ($135.00) battery to
the parts counter for warranty replacement. Despite supplying an original
receipt, it was inferred I was attempting to have a battery replaced twice
under warranty.  I will deliver a copy of my cancelled check and core
return receipt next week to prove I purchased the battery out right!!

4)  From the dealer body shop, I just requested touch-up on some less than
BMW quality paint and finish work, after a 39 day/$10,000 repair and they
want me to pay for a rental car while my car is returned for a day to fix
something they could have done right the first time!!  I can't imagine why
in 39 days they couldn't get it right.  They obviously expect more than
patience from their customers.

I have been in a love the car, hate the dealer relationship for 6 years. I
will need to stop expecting anything more than an Ultimate Driving Machine.
My real concern is what will happen when BMW NA & AG fully implements the
Retail 2000 concept and OE parts are only available with incompetent
installation through your friendly BMW Dealer service advisor!!

For the money I spent on OE parts & cars at the BMW dealer, I don't feel I
get much respect.  They just look at me through the dollar bills in my
wallet!!

Am I expecting to much?

- -----
Rodney Moore