Re: Reply: Money to Spend

Kurt stated his order of upgrades to his car following his first driver's
school would be:

>1. Caliper rebuild kits -- safety (make sure those brakes are working
properly)
>2. Helmet -- safety (and so I don't have to borrow)
>3. Harnesses -- safety again
>4. Fee for next driving school.
>5. BFGR1's
>6. Fee for next driving school
>7. Fee for next driving school

May I suggest you do not bother with the R1s after your second driving
school.  Learn to drive your car on street tires like it will most likely
be used 99% of the time.  Yes, the R1s will give you much better grip, but
they will also mask many evils with your driving.  If you master driving on
street tires first you will be that much better once you do get the R1s AND
a second set of wheels.  Wait a year or two then spend the money.

Tracy MEyer

End of bmw-digest V9 #251