Re: BMW Synthetic vs Others

Scott asks:

> Anyone know who makes BMW's new synthetic 5 /40 motor oil?

Scott I went to my local BMW retailer this week - to see if they had any
BMW Syn - they said it had just come in for te first time. So they have
stopped using Castrol Syntec and are now using the BMW stuff - it is
being proced to be competitive with others - Hey ain't that novel - must
work they say it is selling fast.

The Service Manager said he had just contacted BMW - asking the same
question you did - "who makes this stuff?".

The answer was "Veedol".

Although I have heard the name for some time, I don't know much about
that brand other than I think it is  more associated with Europe.  On a
list of oils I have, Veedol has several synthetics under their own brand
name and a bunch of viscosities  0W30, 0W40, 5W40, 10W40, 10W60.

Using various search engines I could not find a Veedol site on the web.
Some references to racing, etc, but no web site for their own product
line.

I "assume" BMW switch suppliers occasionally as long as they can get an
oil to their specification at a good price.

Cheers

Jim Cash
London, Ontario, Canada
BMW CCA 102929