Euro HFM mod

>>I would like to hear from others who installed the kit and run
>>a Dyno test (Duane do you hear me ...).

Igor,

Dyno test? Never done one. The fact that I can readily pass any near-stock
E36 M3 going down the straight at Summit is all the testing I need :) .

Well - by now you know you gotta ditch the Airbox to make this work and do
the cone thang.  Fabricate the shield or buy Milo's Carbon Fiber one (photo
of it in this month's Roundel - Classified) one and you're on your way.

When I did my HFM mod, I also did a TMS lightweight flywheel at the same
time.  Done together the results were impressive on the ole butt dyno.  BIG
boost in the mid-range run-up.  Some of the guys that have driven my car
vs. theirs stock can tell you the difference is quite noticeable.

Just as an add-on to this thread....I wanna come full circle and tell ya'll
lookin' fer the speeed to DO YOUR BRAKES FIRST if you're going to the
track.  While a Euro HFM setup/flywheels/exhaust etc. might get you - 1.0
seconds extra  at the track, putting proper race pads and hi-temp brake
fluid will get you about -3.0 seconds at the track - PLUS can save your
car/life if your stock brakes go south. (Summit Point, turn # 1 - BIG
gravel trap to catch those cars that loose their brakes - really screws up
the cat to do the gravel trap, BTW).

E-mail me if you want a photo of the fabricated shield I did, and from
which Milo's CF mold was taken from.

Duane Collie
PIZZAFEST-Bound: in 10 hours the Rolling Rock starts flowing