Re: Wheel question

Jerry Chyo wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I am contemplating the purchase of some used BMW cross-spoke wheels in 17x8
> with a 20mm offset for my E28.  The one thing the owner and I cannot figure
> out is whether the hub center is for an E34 or an E39.  He had them mounted
> on his E34 at one time but that in itself does not preclude them from
> having the bigger hub center of the E39's.  The markings on the rims (other
> than the size) are "1-182-217".  Is there anyone out there who could
> decipher this for me and tell me whether they are with the smaller hub
> center or larger.

Hey Jerry-
The full part number is 36 11 1 182 217.  List price as of 10/97 was $743.88
each.  They are a two piece 17x8 wheel with a 20 mm offset that came on the E34
540i as an option.  Should fit your M5 and will definitely be hubcentric.  I
can fax you a page with the pictures and relevant parts with part numbers if
you need it.  Good luck.

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com