The Ultimate Drive

I went for the Ultimate Drive this week  at the Nassau Coliseum (Long
      Island, NY).  It was a great experience for both the auto-x and test
      drives.  The auto-x instructors were terrific - their favorite line
      was,  "just remember three words- NOT YOUR CAR (so go like hell!!)"
      They provided useful driving, braking ,and steering tips, and showed
      us how ABS and traction control performed on the e46's they provided
      us!

Then the test drives were great too!!  While I still prefer the shape/lines
      of my '93 e30 325ic, I was very impressed by the silky smooth
      handling and engines of the 328, 528, and 750 (if you have the time
      to wait for the standby list, you can get several different test
      drives.  I love my 325, but if I ever move out to the suburbs and
      need a daily driver, I would seriously consider the 540 - comfort AND
      performance!!

So, if the Ultimate Drive makes it near you, sign up!  It's a great
      experience, and BMW's donations are for a very good cause (I made an
      additional contribution to match BMW's - I lost a very good friend to
      breast cancer two weeks ago).

P.S. Thanks, Steve, for the info.

Regards,

New York, New York [As David Letterman likes to say, "The city so nice,
they named it twice!"]