MAF

Hi
i am really considering the split second maf kit for my car.
i just ordered bored out trottle bodies - increase by 4mm to 50mm.
will be coming sometime next week. i am thinking of the maf to complement the
trottle bodies. Do you guys out there think this is a good move?
And no, i am not setting my car up for drag racing, i am just doing it as a
past time where i hang out with my friends. my car is set up for autocross.
another thing is, my friend is kinda funny, he drives a civic and he claims
that my car (E30 M3) does not have a air flow meter but a mass flow and he
said that he read it in some books. we were  arguing and i told him about the
MAF kit, and he said that the most that i would gain is about 2hp. Help me out
guys to prove this guy wrong.
thanks

Franklin Joseph
E30 M3 - sharked!