<E30> Track Brake Pads

Hi

There has been some talk about track brake pads. Did I read here that you
can purchase Performance Friction (PF) Pads from the AutoZone? Even the
PF90s?

For you E30 325 people out there, you have probably found out that PF does
not make a carbon pad for the rear of these cars.

You can still get the old CoolCarbons (now Cool Willies) for the rear of
this car from Turner MotorSport 978-388-7769. This way you can run high
performance brakes front and rear.

In a pinch Metal Masters will work ok for the rear. As far as the fronts go?
I wore out a brand new set of front Metal Masters in (3) 20 minute sessions
at Watkins Glen. Your mileage may vary from track to track.

I have just started out with the PF90s (same as the PTG M3 Team uses). Have
not been to the track yet, but even around town and highway once you warm
them up the stopping power seems out of this world.

Don Stevenson/BMWCCA Boston Chapter
(1988 325IS, no power steering, cracked foglights)