<E36 -328/M3> "cat-front" exhaust pipes wanted!

Hey gang,

I'm looking for used exhaust pipes from a '96+ E36 328i/s or M3.  (Dave
Hogg, are you reading this?)  I'm NOT looking for a "cat back" muffler, but
the "cat front" dual-pipes that go from the manifold to the "cat back"
junction.  The pipes must be in great condition (no dents or leaks), the
cats must be still good, and the shields before the cat must not rattle.

The reason I'm looking for this piece is because the shields before the
catalytic converters on my car are loose and are rattling like crazy.  It's
interesting that the shields cannot be replaced separately - they're part of
the whole system.  Also, I cannot remove them since I heard that their job
is to increase the exhaust temperature going into the catalytic converters
and if I remove the shields, the oxygen sensors before and after the cats
will fault the OBD-II.   (Someone correct me if this is BS)   So, if you
replaced the entire exhaust system and have pipes crowding your garage, I'll
gladly buy them from you.

I tried to get this item replaced/fixed under BMW warranty but since the
shields have some scrape marks on them in addition to the non-stock M3 "cat
back" muffler, the warranty on the entire exhaust is void.

Rob Mudry
'96 328is with useless exhaust warranty
BMW CCA #135536 (NCC)