re-shuddering clutch - 92 325i

ate: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:52:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: Wilhelm Montero <wmontero@domain.elided>
Subject: shuddering clutch - 92 325i

Hello,
I have been having this problem with my clutch for a while now.
It seems that whenever I use the clutch a lot such as
driving in traffic in the city, my car starts shuddering when
trying to take off in 1st gear.  This problem doesn't
seem to happen when I use 2nd gear to take off.
Any comments or suggestions to what could be the problem would
be greatly appreciated.

regards to all,

Wil
- ----------------------------------------------------
Wil,
I bet this also happens after the car has been a long distance. I hate to
tell you this, but it is time for a new clutch. Between 92-95 on E36, there
were some bad pressure plates installed and warped quickly. I had mine
replaced about 5k miles ago with the same symptoms. Others digesters had the
same problem...John F. for one. Some of us with good dealers got it fixed
under warranty.....some paid. BTW there isn't a TSB/recall on this subject,
just dealer knowledge about it and making it fall under a warranty item.
Good luck and hope everything turns out ok.....make sure you are sitting
down for the quote.

George Boudreau
95 325is
83 323i