reply: what's my '95 M3 worth

I think you're asking a bit too much $$$. Those
blue book values are a very rough guide; I think
the high end of the range they list is the most
anyone has ever paid for such a car in the history
of the planet (I.e., a sucker). In Jan. of this
year I bought a pristine '95 M3 w/ most options
with <18k miles & almost 3 yrs. left under
warranty for $31,000. Since then, I have seen
several (6-8) very low mileage (<20k) 95-97 M3s
*totally* loaded for sale in the classifieds
(K.C.) for around $30k, give/take $1,500. And as
my dad says, "highway miles is miles." I would've
paid $26,500 tops for a 2-owner M3 w/ almost 50k
miles (pretty much no warranty left & everyone
knows BMWs cost an arm, leg and kidney to repair).

I'd guess 90% of the US population cannot afford a
$30k car, period. (Hell, I really can't either but
haven't figured it out yet). Many of the other 10%
look down their noses at *used* cars. Many people
where I work couldn't understand why I bought a
used $31,000 car -- heck, you can get a BRAND NEW
LOADED CAMRY FOR THAT! WITH AUTOMATIC! OR A FOUR
RUNNER! They just don't get it. You need to find
the 1/50,000 car buyer who's got big $ to buy a
fairly impractical, but glorious, car. Good luck.

Andy '95 M3