Re: E28 535i Diffs

When I bought my 1988 535i with LSD from a dealer in Oct. 1988 (it was
a BMW NA "Executive" car prior to that, had 12K miles), the salesman
told me that the LSD was officially an option.  He said that it was hard to
find an early E28 535i that had an LSD, and it was hard to find a late
(1988) E28 535i that did NOT have an LSD.  So, non-LSD 1988's may be
rare, but they apparently exist.  Maybe.  OK, this isn't the difinitive
answer either, just my experience.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977