Re: Buying 325es

Hello Everyone,

Regarding Andriano deRosa's question to the Digest on whether or not to buy a
325es with 100k miles(high miles?...no way), my advice to you Andriano is if
it's a good car and the price is right, and you like it...GO FOR IT!

I bought my son a 325es with 168k miles as a fixer upper and it has been an
outstanding car!!!  It currently has 192k miles, runs strong and burns next to
no oil.. it is a very dependable and fun car.  Shoot, he has put a Momo
steering wheel on it and Eibach Springs(lowered)...it has 14" x 6.5" BBS
basketweave wheels with Yoko's...it's a very cool car!

The eta powered cars have some advantages over the non-eta cars also of that
era...for one it's a 6 cylinder not an underpowered 4-cylinder, and it is very
"torquey" around town, and gets great gas mileage!  I wouldn't consider it a
high performance car in stock trim, but it certainly has plenty of 'pep' for
the average driver.

If you are new to bimmers, I'd definitely recommend taking the car to a
knowledgable BMW mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection.

Good luck,

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646
'73 2002tii