Re: bmw-digest V9 #234

325es with lots of miles

I have had two 325es in my lifetime, both purchased with over 100,000 miles.
I sold the last one (a 1987) 3 years ago... and by then I have over 213,000
miles.  The other I sold after I put 84,000 miles on it (for a total of
191,000 miles).  It really all depends on how well the car was taken care of.
Look for the little things... paint, dents, interior.  If those items are in
great shape then the previous owner probably took pretty good care of the
major things.  Ask for shop/maintenance records.  Have a compression check
done on it... compare to spects.  Be picky, but don't rule out a Bimmer with
over 100,000 miles on it.  Hey, it's just getting its second breath at that
point!
BMWKing (those who know me know why).