RE US/EURO M3 Engine convertion (Interesting)

Hey George,
    The Swap was performed by a BMW mechanic friend of mine over in
Tampa who
works for Reeves Import Motor Cars.  We did the work on the side to
avoid extra
dealer service fees.  The engine does pass emissions tests in Florida as
is
neccessary to clear customs without exhorbitant taxes.  The engine, 6sp,
and
computer was purchased from a German BMW dismantler whose website I
forget
their address but I can get it for you in a few days.  Engine is a
3.2liter
double VANOS with 6 throttle bodies.  Can't really tell a difference in
acceleration up to about 75mph but after that the Euro M3 will blow the
US
version into the weeds without question.. I MEAN serious differences in
performance. But who drives that fast anyways.. <grin>!!  Ok, the engine
cost
me 14,000DM which is about $9,000.  Only 7K miles on it from a roll over
in
Germany.  I sold my engine through Roundel for $5K and the transmission
for
another $1K.  I made out well essentially is what I am saying.  Now, I
hardly
ever drive the car simply because it is difficult to find fuel without
much
sulfer in it because it eats the aluminum of my engine I am told.  But
when I
do, WOW!!!!!  Ok, now I haven't a clue what is going to happen when it
breaks
down or something because my warranty is most deffiniately voided.  It
is
merely an expensive novelty and should be treated as that!  It's by no
means an
everyday track or street car...  Best of luck!  Oh, for those of you
willing to
travel for the real thing.  Over in Geneva right now, a 97 M3
convertible (euro
of course) with about 15K mls on it costs $52K in USD.  Not bad if you
have a
way of shipping it over.  Because, essentially, I have a hybrid M3 and
there's
no telling what's REALLY different between the euro and the US version
besides
the engine and transmission.  Best of luck, Mike