Re: E32 electric seats

>Proud new owner of a 750il seeks answer to perplexing problem =AF the =
>passenger seat"warps" when trying to adjust it.  Is there something that a
=
>DIY person can do to fix this?  Has anyone else seen this problem?  New on
=
>the list, help with this is greatly appreciated.

>Ronn Hollis

- ------------------------------

Ronn, this is a problem that seems to happen in some older E34 5 series and
E32 7 series. It happened with the drivers seat of my '90 750iL. It only has
55k miles on it so it can't be a mileage problem. It has been suggested that
it is due to temperature change. (car is black/black so....) Anyway, I took
mine to Just BMW here in Cincinnati and they fixed it for about $100, most
of which was labor. They apparently had to partially remove the seat, get to
the seat cable then effectively lengthen it. Not that big of a deal but it
can be a major problem because the more you try to fix the seat (adjusting
it) the worse it gets. Somebody with an '88 735i awhile back had a similar
problem except his happened on BOTH seats. Anyway, take it to your trusted
BMW repair shop or dealer and they should be able to fix it. Best of luck!

Regards,

John

1990 750iL
1992 325iA