Gran Turismo - Total WOB

>Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:15:20 -0400
>From: "Ron Browne" <rbrowne@domain.elided>
>Subject: <misc>REPLY-Glass Homes-Tossing Stones

<LOTS SNIPPED>

>thing.  (Dont be offended, you should see this thing I do with my thumb
and
>forefinger before racing on Grand Turismo on Playstation....anyone got
their
>International License yet?? Damn that things hard to obtain!)  I've read
in

>Ron Browne
>1992 318is
>Bowie, MD
>106,xxx miles.

Ron,

It took a few weeks after I bought the game, but YES, the International
Class-A license exams ARE beatable!  The key to getting those near
impossible low lap times is to get a controller you're really comfortable
with (I find the analog dual-shock controllers the best for me)  The
endurance races are something of a bore (by then, you're so good, the
computer drivers are really not all that competitive, it's simply a
challenge to stay focused and save your tires), but the Normal Race and
Tuned Race are VERY exciting.  Good luck.

And for the obligatory BMW content:  Sony is already hard at work on Gran
Turismo II.  No info on car licensing yet.  Let's write Sony and get some
German, French and Italian cars in there.  I feel the need to spank some
Audis and Peugeots in a race-prepared BMW 320i --German Touring Car style.
 And how's about a PC port with Glide and NVida TNT support?!

Sorry for the total WOB.  We now return you to more relevant BMW topics.

Mike Chiang
585 bhp Honda NSX-R GT-2 Le Mans Edition
682 bhp Oreca Race-Prepared Chrysler Viper GTS-R
942 bhp Nissan Skyline GT-R (lots of mods)
..amongst others.. in my Gran Turismo garage
240 bhp BMW ///M3 (no mods) ...in my real garage

.