Re: 1999 323ia

Carl,

Congrats on your new car.  Don't know of any discount sources in the Bay
area but there are a few mail order options.  One digester friendly
source is Stephen at South BMW in Miami.  He'll give you a real 25%
discount on all BMW parts.  Contact him at FLBEARCUB@domain.elided.  He should
be able to find the part #'s for you also.

Other options I've used are Global Imports in Atlanta
(www.atlantabmw.com) and Circle BMW in NJ (www.circlebmw.com).  They
give about a 20% discount I believe.

Good luck,

Calvin Hare
Orlando, FL
'96 M3

>From: Carl Geenen <C.Geenen@domain.elided>
>To: "'bmw-digest@domain.elided'" <bmw-digest@domain.elided>
>Subject: 1999 323ia
>Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:47:07 -0700
>
>Hello Fellow Enthusiasts!!
>
>After several months hiatus, I've resubscribed to the bmw-digest.
>Yesterday, my wife and I traded in our 1991 525ia (sniff, sniff) on a
brand
>new 1999 323ia.  It took quite a bit of doing and haggling, but we hung
in
>and finally got our numbers without too much blood being spilled.  The
525
>was becoming quite a problem and we just didn't feel like hassling with
it
>any more.  It was one thing after another - 14 trips to the shop since
we
>had it.  You name it, and we probably had it replaced or repaired.  So
we
>finally put ourselves out of our misery and got a new bimmer.  And the
>monthly payment is only marginally more per month than we were paying
>have the 525 repaired.
>
>There's nothing like a new car!!  The way it smells, the feel and
handling,
>the gleam of everything new, and the knowledge that we are the first
and
>only drivers is a wonderful sensation.  So the price to pay for these
>sensations is the cost of the first year's depreciation.
>
>Anyway, what the salesman couldn't get from me in the negotiations the
>finance person tried to get from me in the form of equipment and
>accessories, most notably the alarm and CD changer.  I passed on both
>thinking I really don't need the alarm and I could probably get a CD
changer
>from somewhere else much cheaper than the $895 installed price I was
quoted
>at the dealer (they started at $1100, then backed off to $995, and the
final
>price I heard was the $895).  I called around to a couple of the car
audio
>places and was told there are no adapters available yet for the BMW CD
>changer.
>
>So my question is this:  Does anyone know where I can buy the CD
changer
>plus bracket kit for my 1999 323ia for cheaper than the price quoted by
BMW