Pinging w/no cruise control and a hot radio

Hello fellow bimwads!!

question #1:  I took a trip to Vegas this weekend (lost a lot of $$)and
I noticed a little over half way there that when I changed the cassett
in the casset that the thing was about to melt in my hands.  It was VERY
hot when I pulled it out and so was the face of the radio so I turned it
off so it would cool down. Is this normal??  I know that if you have it
on for a while it will get warm but this was a little too warm.  By the
way I was driving at night so the outside temp. was not a factor.

Question #2:  Unfortunatly on this same trip I was not able to use my
cruise control.  It's not working.  I've noticed a few postings on
cruise controls for 5 series not working would those suggestions also
apply to a 325i?  I'm hoping it's just a burnt out fuse or relay but I
don't know which fuse or relay controls the cruise control.  It's not in
the owners manual. HEEEEELLLLLLPPPP!!  I really need this function as
I'm always driving long distances.  I tried pulling back the clutch but
that didn't work either.

Question #3:  My engine is still pinging after two full tanks of chevron
supreme w/techron additive for knocks and pinging.  What else can I try?
If there's nothing else to try I'm assed out!!   The next thing that I
know of is a $1,400 piston cleaning.OUCH!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!!  TIA!!

Manuel Paredes
1995 325i w/sports package
L.A. Chapt bmwcca