RE: Dash Replacement

Last January I took my 88' 635 to a local upholstery shop & had them install a
dash cover. My dash had bad cracks in it & the dash had "warped" around the
cracks etc... it was uneven & looked terrible..

The cover I got is black vinyl (or something that looks & feels like it). It
was pre-molded & is about 1-2 MM thick, the shop did a great job, the only
place you can even tell that it is not the original dash is around the serial
number, obviously they cut around it rather than covering it up...

The person who did the work told me that typically he can do the "average job"
in about 2 hours but b/c my 635 has all those vents across the top that mine
took about 4 hours..

Long story short, the cover cost $150 installed, I dropped the car off on the
way to work & picked it up at lunch & it looks perfect..