Re: bmw-digest V9 #224

The bent wheel that you have now is probably fixable, I have heard prices
of around $100 - $150 each. Personally I would fix the 14incher and put
snow tires on them. If the tires you currently have are starting to show
wear go and buy some 16's and new rubber. There are lots of on-line places
to get wheels ( www.tirerack.com ) and lots in the phone book as well.
Aftermarket wheels are the most common upgrade for cars these days, you
shouldn't have any trouble finding a place. If you are looking for used
wheels be very careful, the current owner is probably selling them for one
of three reasons, they are ugly, they are bent or they want a larger size.
If you happen to find someone with great 16's and they are convinced they
can fit 18's on thier e30, go for it.

BTW I saw the stock e30 alloys on a VW golf and they looked okay. If you
want to get rid of yours this might give you an idea!

Dave Larocque
325e (new rubber on 14's I dislike...Ooops)