Re:Oil choices Mobil 1 - AMSOIL - Redline

Somethings been bothering me.

As important as oil is in our BMW cars why does anyone use other than Mobil 1?

I'm open to discussion, so if someone can show me emperical reasons to use
something else,  I'm there.  I consider Porsche engineering to be right at the
top of the heap and they use Mobil 1 in there production cars - As does GM in
their Corvette. A couple of pretty high performance cars designed to be driven
on the street < and supplied with oil for that purpose.

AMSOIL - I'm sure it's good stuff,  good reputation and all but not
competitive on the price front.  All the talk about 25,000 mile oil changes
aside,  I DON:T WANT TO WAIT 25,000 miles to change my oil!

Redline- why??  Does ANY automotive manufacturer use Redline?  or for that
matter Amsoil?

Racing isn't real relivant - driving a car on the street (even fast) bears
almost no relation to the needs of a race engine.

So the question is: what is it that you'll people using Redline and AMSOIL
know about oil that Porsche and GM don't?

Thanks,

Christopher - inquiring minds want to know...
A couple of BMWs with Mobil synthetic everywhere I can put it