Re: 5er automatic (tiptronic?)

Charles Gregory writes:

> ... The US is sort of the bastard child for BMW, we rarely
> get the real good stuff, so all of what I was speaking of
> was for the N. American market.

In other ways, the U.S. is a lucky child.  It got ASC+T as standard
equipment a year before Europe and 16-valve rather than 8-valve
engines on all the 318i models. It gets bigger new-car discounts, a
multi-year warranty that Europeans still dream and free oil changes
and inspections the first few years.

As to the uniquely, really good stuff the U.S. gets, I can think of a
central locking switch, an extra 's' on some models, probably better
cup holders and arguably better TV and print advertisements.  O.K.,
perhaps I see your point.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided