Why I Lurk

I have been on this digest, well it may be almost three years.  Over that
time I have posted a few questions, sent one or two private responses and
received a great deal of help and private responses.  All this is good BUT.

There are, or maybe there were, since we have changed the address, server
etc, people who seem to take it upon themselves to let us lurkers know that
we are not the cream of the crop when it comes to questions or answers.

Personally I had an issue with one of the frequent posters concerning his
treatment of an occasional poster.  We did take it private and off the
digest but that little event pretty much convinced me that unless you have
something unique and valuable to contribute, you are better off just
keeping your trap shut.  And if that person remebers me, I do think you are
one of the knowledgable ones with a great deal to offer, but I still think
your response was a little harsh, to me and to him.

Anyway, that is the main reason I haven't posted much.  Anyway, who really
cares if I think that Amsoil is the greatest thing since sliced bread?
Other people will just try and convince me that Mobil 1 is better and at
half the price.

Bottom line, we may lurk for a valid reason.  At least valid to us.  And I
for one did pony up money when Richard needed it and would do it again in a
heart beat.

Really Bottom Line-------I love my BMW

Warren McBride
96 328I Black/Black