Probably the most stupid question ever....

Hi All!

This time i wanted to ask you all the probably most stupid question ever!!
but seriously: how to best start your car?
I own a '86 320i, and i have no experience with fuel-injected engines
whatsoever. I've been told a lot of different ways of how to best start your
car: just turn the key, never, ever touch the throttle until the engine runs
is one. Another: depress the throttle slightly then start the engine. And
yet another one: depress the throttle once fully, fully release it, then
start the engine.
Which way is best? Which is worst? Which is the correct way? Does one have
to tell apart differences in cold and warm engine starting?

And addtional: how about the choke? As i understand it's a complete
automatic choke, so i don't bother about it, it does it's job when it is
supposed without user-intervention? Or do i have to activate it one way ot
another? And if: how and when?

TIA
Greetinx,
MaZe ( thezeeuw@domain.elided )