<e28> Dash Replacement Options?

Hey Digesters,

This is my first post asking a question about our new '83 533i/ the
former BubbaCar.  Something tells me, as this car has 261K on it, that
it won't be the last either.

The car's interior is in outstanding shape, with the exception of a
number of cracks in the dash.

One option is to obtain another dash. I've talked to a local imports
boneyard who has a replacement available for about $125.  This is a
little low from what I understand these things usually go for.

I've also seen what's referred to as a 'dash cover' in BavAuto
(everyone's favorite reatiler) for about $100.

Anybody ever use one o' these dash covers?  How'd it look?  The labor
on replacing the entire dash is only supossed to be a couple hours, as
I understand it.

Any y'all got any experience/ advice in this regard?

TIA

Frank Massaro
BMW CCA Tarheel/ NCC
PizzaFest2 Co-Conspirator <---send in your registration

'83 533i
'92 325is