Harnesses and Rollbars

>Another 2 cents worth.  After my recent dramatic agricultural excursion
>at the 200-yard high-speed drift also known as turn 4 at Summit, my
>instructor commented matter-of-factly, "I sure am glad you didn't have
>racing harnesses in your car.  I would have had a broken neck."  I might
>have, too.
>
>You see, we both did some major league ducking to make room for the roof
>to scratch the backs of our helmets.  Harnesses and bars are made to go
>together.  Oh, yes, I'm now a big fan of cervical collars, too.

David,

Sound advice! Harnesses without rollbars can be deadly.

I installed a rollbar and 6 points in my car (and yes, do the collar thang)
last spring.  IMHO - if you're gonna do the track thang, this is
near-mandatory equipment. Upgraded seat (which I've not yet done) is a good
idea too, along with a seat-to-bar brace.  Yes, they screw up the
backseat...better that than to screw up your neck.

I'd sure like to see a photo of your car after the rollover to see how much
the roof went squash if you have one. How many times did the car roll?  How
much did the roof come down on the A-Pillars and the C-Pillars?  M3 Sedan
or Coupe?  If you can post a .jpeg of it, we can get it on the
www.bubbaclub.com website.  I know you must have been doing about 90 to 100
coming out of turn #4 before you went off.

YEEEEEEEEeeowwwww.

Duane Collie
RM3DR1/UUC/NASA