Re: BMW synthetic oil and scheduled maintenance (long)

Jim,

I just checked with two dealers in our area (DC) -- Fairfax BMW and VOB BMW.
Both service departments said they will use (at no charge) BMW synthetic oil
on any BMW during BMW-paid scheduled maintenances IFF (if and only if) the
customer requests synthetic.  Both departments said their reasoning is that
BMW reimburses them for the parts cost, and BMW has somehow indicated to
them that it will reimburse them for the use of synthetic oil for BMW-paid
scheduled maintenances.

I'm still trying to find out what form the "indication" from BMW took;
bulletin, etc.

Regards,

John

John Huang