Re: Vandalism

I, too, have been the victim of auto vandalism on more than one occasion
(three times) over the years.  In every case it was largly my fault for
having left the car overnight in a less than secure location.  In all of
these cases my car was one of several that were damaged.

I resisted buying a BMW for a number of years, put off by the Yuppie
image that seemed to go with the car.  Within a week of purchasing my
first BMW I was again the victim of vandalism.  This time however, the
car was singled out.  Three panals were 'keyed' in broad daylight safely
parked in a high traffic area for less than 5 minutes.  I considered
selling the car, not wanting to be a constant target.

In the end I kept the car, it was just too much fun to drive, but I
always wonder when it will happen again...

- --Jeff
'86 535i
'89 325iX
'65 TR4A