re: PizzaFest Accomodations

Clark,
the way I heard it was...
Q: What's the difference between a Hummer and a rental car?
A: You can drive a rental car ANYWHERE!

Jason Leung and I drove a rented Dodge Neon from Chicago to Ocean City,
N.J. for the first Pizza Fest. We had the honor of winning the gimmick
rally. Let me tell you, even after getting a 98mph ticket in Indiana (yep,
Neon's will go that fast), PizzaFest was worth it. Duane, Ben, Rob, and
others really put together an outstanding weekend of events. Made me proud
to be a Bubba. When we did the gimmick rally, there were a number of times
we had to turn around (Jason was navigating when he wasn't sleeping). We
were really glad that we were in a car that neither of us owned.
I was really really glad that it wasn't my car when I had the car on 3
wheels during the autocross.
Try explaining why the Neon you rented in Chicago is upside down, has
stickers all over it, and is in an empty parking lot in NJ. We almost had
to explain ;-)
Next best car to a Bimmer (huh, I said Bimmer) is definetly a rental.
If you're thinking about going to PizzaFest II, don't hesitate, this will
be a part of history. Do it NOW!

- - Chip Eberhart
UUC\ Brotherhood of Bubbas\ Survivor of PizzaFest I

p.s. Yes, we took ALL the insurance options.

>From: "Gilbert, Clark" <Clark_Gilbert@domain.elided>
>Subject: RE: PizzaFest Accomodations
>[Clark Gilbert] Ya know, Duane, my brother-in-law, who is a geologist,
>frequently flies into remote places and rents many cars, says this about
>them: "the only thing better than a four wheel drive is a rental car."
>Be sure to check off _ALL_ the insurance boxes. Should be a good race.

End of bmw-digest V9 #209