SI problems

Hey guys,

Either I'm incompetent (highly likely) or my 88 325 is screwing around
with me.

Here's the scenario:

I acquired the car 2 months ago.

1) Brake Lining light is always lit (Prev. Own covered w/tape)

2) Recently the oil service light came on.  I tried to reset, as per
instructions on the Homepage...Late type 20 pin connector.....Pin 7 to
19(ground)...to no avail

Questions:

Does it sound like my SI batteries are dead?

If so, would replacement bring the board back to life...or are these two
separate problems?

Or is the board dead...or both??

I recently replaced all four sets of pads, rotors and the two pad
sensors... Brake Lining Light remained lit.

Also replaced O2 sensor recently....

Which brings me to my next question.......

The Check Engine light appears on a sporadic basis..more often it seems
during humid/hot operating conditions.

Is this indicative of a SI problem as well..or something different??

and is it serious..or just a pain in the ass?

One more question...if I may.. :-)

Recently I replaced the spark plugs...and noticed #5 or #6 (I forget
which)...had oil covering it. It was rather wet..not dry or tarnished
deposits...what does this condition imply, if anything??

Thanks in advance for anybody willing to offer some advice!!

Singing the Blues in St. Louis,

Mike Coffer
mkc_1975@domain.elided