Ooooo! I had an idea!

  In my excessive (all right, CONSTANT) daydreaming of bimmers lately, I've
had an idea that I'd like to gauge interest on.  I've noticed that the digest
receives a lot of traffic concerning the best parts to get or the best vendors
to choose.  ie. What kind of <insert part here> should I get for <insert BMW
here> if I do <insert kind of driving here>?  Where's the best place to get
<insert specific part here>?  Where are some decent mechanics around (insert
locale here>?
  Now, there is obviously quite a bit of opinion involved in some of these
choices.  However, in many cases, I think, there is a general consensus among
digesters about the right choice to make.  I think that mos of the replies that
anyone gets are just a reflection of that consensus.
  To the point: How about a web page that points out which things to go for and
which to avoid?  Maybe some sort of rating system?  The idea is in its infancy,
but if there is a lot of interest, I'll be glad to go about gathering some info
and putting up a nice page.

John
- -1988 325is