Re: <E30> location of oil pressure sending unit?

bolhuijo@domain.elided wrote:

>  Can someone verify the location of the oil pressure sending unit on
> my M20/B25 engine?  I see a plug screwed into the block beneath the
> oil filter.  Is that for oil temp or oil pressure?

Oil pressure idiot light sender.

>  If one buys an oil pressure gage, do they give you an adapter to
> screw into the block there?  Do they run an oil line out of there or
> do they use an electronic pressure sending unit?  Any info would be
> appreciated.

An adaptor is installed that allows installation of a larger sized
pressure sender.  The new sender has two terminals, one for the
OEM "switched" idiot light, and the second for the analog oil pressure
guage.  See the BMP catalog for the necessary adaptor and sender.

Later,
Norm

> --
>   John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
>  bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
>   @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
>                                         -tabloid.net

- --
***  Remove "nospam-" from address when responding via email  ***