Re: I want my JC chip!!!!

>That's It!!!

>I am ready for my JC chip.  Where can I get one?  This little a-hole
>down the street with his modified rice rocket beat me by a 1/2 car
>length this weekend and it's time to show him what BMW POWER is all
>about!!

>Manuel Paredes
>1995 325i w/sports pack
>Needs to be sharked A.S.A.P!!
>L.A. Chapter bmwcca

Manuel, I got a Jim C chip for my '92 E36 325iA and have been very happy
with it. Now that Mesa was exposed as a fraud, the only place you can buy
Jim C chip from is Turner Motorsports. ( www.turnermotorsport.com ) Should
be $225. You will need the year/model (obviously), # from your DME, and
whether your car is an auto/manual, plus any mods you have. The DME # is the
only tricky part. The number will be on a metal box behind the glovebox
which you gain access to from the firewall inside the engine compartment.
Just pull away the rubber gasket and take the plastic door off with a
screwdriver. The metal box has a Bosch part # on it. ex: 0-261-200-402.  The
last 3 digits are what you will need to find out. Unfortunately you must
slide the DME out to see them, installed it is too far back in there to see.
I think you will find this chip makes a nice difference, especially if you
have a manual transmission. Being your car is also an M50TU, you will get a
bit more power out of the chip. Don't forget your car has coded drive-away
protection since it is a '95 so your chip will only work in your car. You
might have to send the DME to them in which case your car will be out of
commission for several days. I had mine installed by a shop because '92
DME's are more like the older E30 style which require you to pull circuit
boards apart. After ruining a first DME (which had been repaired and glued
back together) and replacing it with a slightly newer one from a parts yard
(works fine, old was a 403, new is a 402 from later production car)
everything was fine. I just didn't want any other surprises! The bad news is
my car set dead in the driveway for over a week as a result and I had to ret
urn my chip. That turned out to be a sign from god since it was from Mesa!!!
After the scam broke, I reordered from TMS. Somebody must've been looking
out for me. :-)

Regards,

John

1990 750iL