Re: Fixing a Seat

Mike,

Not happy with those seat eh?  How about the following:

I believe the 323i is basically a E36 body with the 2.5 liter six vs the
2.8L.
Seems to me the sport seats from a wrecked E36 325is or any other E36
body would fit.  Better yet how about some M3 LTW seats?

That gets you a nice sport seat.  I've seen sport seats recovered from
salvage
yards that looked like they went through a nuclear disaster and $750 later
looked better
than the factory version.  New leather,your choice of piping ,etc.  Get to
know your local
talent.

As to height adjustment.  If the E36 seats are anthing like my E30 seats
they are held in by 4 bolts.
Watch out for the wiring underneath.

Shim the seat to whatever height you wish.  You could fabricate a few
pieces of metal that would give you 1-2
inches of additional seat height in less than 2 hours from a quick trip to
local hardware store.

The trouble comes in when people are too tall for a car.  Kind of hard to
shorten a seat.

Keep you car, and spend a few hours raising the seat.  If you hate the
seats, buy some aftermarket
ones or old E36 ones & have them refinished.  Either way your talking
between $750-$1,000.

Grant
gwells@domain.elided
'87 325is .....