FW: Radar Tickets

Does anyone know the capabilities of the Ka band radar equipment?
I was stopped and ticketed for 80+
The patrolman said, he clocked me on radar from 2 miles away, while I was
in the company of 3 other cars!!!  The patrolman was in the freeway
median(40 feet wide) and he waited for me and the other cars to pass his
location before coming on the roadway.   He passed the other cars, turned
on his lights and pulled me over.  This happened on a level road, mid July,
just before 6pm and on a 100 plus degree day
I assume this is one of the risks of driving a 740 with out-of-state
plates!!!

This sounds absurd.
I was wondering who manufactures the various traffic radar equipment are
and what they advertise/teach as the range of their equipment.
Thanks,

- -----
Rod...
e-mail: m6bigdog@domain.elided