Re: The BMW CCA in Europe

Phil Marx writes:

> There are already BMW clubs in Europe.  Just as CCA agreed not to form a
> chapter in L.A. while the ACA club was there, it would not be kind and
> gentle of us to step on the toes of the European clubs.  Manifest Destiny
> don't go that far!

Unless you work for, say, Microsoft, Levi Strauss or Coca-Cola. I had
in mind a single chapter for CCA'ers while they were in Europe.  I can
imagine the problems if many sprang up in foreign territory, but I
doubt there are enough of us, at least outside the military.

It was just an idea. In any case, I think we should form a
trans-European club of CCA members; it just won't be a part of the BMW
CCA. We will continue to enjoy reading the Roundel. Only we will have
to see if there are other ways to return something to the CCA than
serve as a chapter.

Not that I feel that I have to. :) The main thing I have gotten out of
the club is the Roundel, to which I have contributed 7 pages over the
last 3 years.  A pretty modest contribution to be sure.  But if its
other 45 000(?) subscribers were to match that, the Roundel would run
to more than 100 000 pages a year and come out three times a day. To
produce it, we would have to clone Satch and his colleagues on a truly
enormous scale, then set the team to work like so many thousands of
miners, producing around the clock in eight hours shifts.
Alternatively, I reckon I am off the hook to contribute for at least
700 more years.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided