E46 Ultimate Drive

Well, I took my E46 328i drive today for the Ultimate Drive (or whatever
they're
calling the Drive for the Cure now).  Fantastic car.

As always, yes, it definitely looks better in person.  The rear lights grow
on you.
You don't see them anyway when you're behind the wheel.  Even with ASC
turned off, I couldn't persuade the tail out, even in really tight turns.
The fit
and finish was absolutely superb.  Looks like the car had the premium
package.

Engine was muted, but you can still make out the I-6 growl.  The chassis was
VERY firm.  Steering feel was very good, although not nearly as nice as the
E36.  Bigger wheels may fix this.

I didn't get very long with the car (15 min, because I came late), but it
was
a very rewarding 15 minutes.  It's going to be another great generation of
3-series cars.

Can't wait for the M3.

- -Al (E46 M3 dreaming...)