Back Light

>Fellow Bimmer People
>The Back Light glass on my '98 323is has a kind of leopard  spotted
appearance
>when wet.  This is evident on all the glass but most prevalent in the rear.
>Is there a coating that should/should not be removed and if it should what
>will take it off.  I seem to remember a similar spotting when my '80 320i was
>new and I never did anything about it and after 15 years or so it wasn't a
>problem.

It's an indication that the glass is polarized - helps to reduce glare, I
believe.

You can also see this effect on most car glass (except for windshields, I
think) with a pair of polarized sunglasses and the light in the right
location.

Cheers,
Jim Bassett
Walnut Creek, CA
1996 328is - sold
1998 M3/4 - will be here this weekend, but I won't :-(
BMW CCA #131681