The BMW CCA in Europe

Hans <h.degrauw@domain.elided> writes:

> He who messes with 635s and Unix (John B.) wrote:
> >How many other non-US members of the BMW CCA are out there? We'll
> >have to form a european chapter at this rate!
>
> A while back we had a similar discussion with Olav and John F.. I can see it
> now...
> Bratwurstfest at the Nurburgring... Going to  Oktoberfest in Munich...  I'd
> be all for it. Is there anything preventing it? Let's do it!!

As Phil Marx explained to me (though he thought he might check some
things), nothing prevents us from forming our own club. It just can't
be a chapter of the CCA unless it is based in the U.S. or its
territories. I don't know what rational lies behind such geographic
preferentialism.  If we imagine without frontiers, it is not like we
could commandeer the club or its business, within the next century.
And from this distance, it is well nigh impossible for us to get mixed
up with the club's politics, whatever they might be. I, for one,
would want to get together to escape politics: we get enough
day-to-day.

As the club's extension in Europe, we could, however, return in more
and better ways: enthusiasm, information and sometimes a different
perspective on BMW's, their drivers and their ways.  In turn, a club
extension would help bridge the distance and make us feel more a part
of it.  So, I have a question for you CCA-ers in the U.S.  If your
fellow members in Europe formed a club, would you work to adopt us as
a chapter?

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided