New Tool for BMW Trans Removal

Removing a transmission to do a clutch replacement requires a long
extension to reach the bell housing bolts.  With tight access or small torx
fastener sizes, a 3/8" socket is the only way to grab the fasteners.  I
just received a shipment of 23" long impact extensions which are 1/2" drive
but take 3/8" sockets on the socket side of the extension.  This allows the
mechanic to break the fasteners loose with a 1/2" drive air ratchet or
breaker bar without the need for bulky 1/2">3/8" adapters.  Trying to
muster enough torque to break these bolts loose with a tiny 3/8" ratchet
through a long extension (remember that extensions, especially long ones,
negate a lot of applied torque) can be difficult.
		I have not seen these extensions available through Snap-on, Mac or
Sears....its a great idea  (I only wish I had thought of it first).  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com