Re: E28 wheels ?? **Rob

>Dave Allan <elmospad@domain.elided> wrote:

>Subject: E28 wheels ??
>
>         Do older Bavaria turbine style alloys fit an E28 535i ? I have
>an opportunity to pick up a set cheap to use in the winter , thanks in
>advance for any info .

    Absolutely.  Those wheels are 14x6 and you can easily fit any tire from
a 185/70-14 (skinny for snow but horribly small otherwise) to a nice beefy
215/60-14.   If the wheels don't have center caps (they often get lost),
figure about $11 each.  As a side benefit, those wheels happen to be
extremely light (but still very strong).

    The only downside is that you can't fit the "RL/BB" ;-)  upgrade - the
E32 brakes.  They require 15" E32/E34 wheels or bigger.

    Personally, I've always liked the looks of those wheels over the
standard 528e 14"/535i TRX wheels.  They have that "Alpina" look.

    How much are you paying for these wheels?  Generally, I've seen decent
examples in the $150-$200 range.

- - Rob Levinson
'85 535i Turbo

www.shortshifter.com