Re: <E36 M3> Miss shift?

>Hi,I have picked up a few threads about the miss shift that the 95 M3
>is prone to.  Mine has about 50k miles on it.  I picked up that with
>that kind of mileage there is enough normal wear and tear that a miss
>shift is far more likely in a high rev situation.  Both my wife and I
>autocross the car at the same events and drive the car hard.  Next
>season we will start in on some driver's schools and I would like to
>better understand this problem and what steps I can take to minimize
>the risk.  I saw some disjointed info about cams, valves, and
>springs.  Can someone confirm the miss shift risk and advise an
>upgrade path thatmakes sense.
>David Holeman
>1995 E36 M3 Alpine White
>Euro Air Box/Snorkel
>HFM 3.5"
>JimC chip

David,

The path includes updated valve retainers (from the dlrshp) and harder
engine and motor mounts.  What you don't want to do is shift during
turns.  Hopefully you should get all your shifting done before you
turn.  The engine and or tranny shift enough sideways that you might
engage the wrong gear.  A bent valve is usually the damage.  Typically
people engage 3rd when upshifting into 5th or 2nd when upshifting into
4th, most happen during right hand turns.  Korman sells the harder
mounts, or you can get the Group N ones from Europe, they're expen$ive.

Dear God man!  If you auto-x then I'm assuming you're in CSP with
those mods.  Get rid of that Euro box but leave the snorkel and get
yourself a K&N cone filter intake for the track.  Last week, Wed. or
Thursday Duane C. posted a make your own recipe for one that worked
perfectly for me.  The filter should be part no. RU-1785 or something.
 Then, either you can make a shield for it or get a CF one from Milos
K.  You'll pick up 8-10 ponies with that mod and your bigger HFM,
honest.

Carlos
95 M3  Euro HFM, JimC chip, home brewed K&N cone intake, ES Tuning
exhaust.  Mine dynoed at 222HP @ 6000rpm at the rear wheels (corrected).