More on M3 Snows/Wheels and Hunter Machines in Denver

Hi All,
Since the question of snow tires came up, I thought I would ask some =
additional questions.  I own a 1998 M3/4 and currently looking at buying =
a snow tire package from either The Tire Rack or Discount Tires.  I am =
particularly interested in a package the Discount has.  It is a set of =
BMW replica (17") Motorsport wheels with the Yokohama guardex tires.  In =
talking with Discount, the wheels are made by Mas (a German company).  =
Has anyone had any experiences with these wheels.  I can pretty much get =
any tire (I am looking at getting the Pirelli 210s as I have heard they =
are not only a good snow tire but also a good performance tire) I want, =
but am interested in hearing experiences with these wheels. =20

Finally, wanted to pass along an experience and info on who has the =
hunter TC350 tire changer in the south Denver area.  A couple of weeks =
ago, I picked up a nail in one of my back tires.  Since I had not had a =
chance to find out who had the hunter machines, I called up Ralph =
Schomps and asked the service dept.  They referred me to Bryant's Tire =
in Littleton.  Well they didn't have the hunter machines but actually =
did a good job.  They nicked the wheel once (very small can't even see =
it) and the guy did do it for no charge.  It took two guys to get the =
tire on and off the rim.  In putting the tire back on, it actually =
stalled the machine several times.  And these guys were beat after just =
the one tire.  I would guess that if they had to do all 4, and I wasn't =
standing there watching them, they would probably not be as careful on =
the following wheels and get careless.  So, for the future, I called up =
the local Hunter rep and he gave me the following locations that have =
their TC350:

Discount Tires  - Highlands Ranch (C-470 and University)
Computer Car - Sante Fe South of C-470
Ferrari of Denver
Murray BMW
Emich Chevy and Buick - by Park Meadows

The rep did say that almost all of the discount tires in the area have =
at least one hunter TC350.

The Hunter rep highly recommended the Computer Car place.  He said that =
the guy specializes in mounting race tires and is the best place to take =
a set of mail ordered tires and have them mounted to the rims.  He said =
the guy is a perfectionist and doesn't have teenagers mounting tires at =
minimum wage.  I have not had first hand experience with these guys but =
am planning on trying them when the pilots wear out.  Anyone else in =
Denver tried or heard of these guys? =20
ttyl
dave