The mother of all dealer horror stories

  The VW/water pump story reminds me of pranks in high school....ok
  college...ok last night.  Get off my back, I'm immature! We'd call an
  autoparts store and ask for a muffler bearing for a '73 Chevy or a rear
  U-joint for an '85 Tornado or some other part that doesn't exist.
  Initially confuses them, and when they question you, get irate and say
  it's in your hand and they should carry it :-0  I'll have to try the
  VW/water pump thing....some new material ;-)

  To legitimize this post:  At how many miles should I have the timing
  chain replaced?  I've heard 60k, but don't know if this is gospel.  I'm
  right at 60k so I'm concerned.  And how much should I expect to pay?

  Chris
  BMWCCA 157286
  '93 325is sport package w/the ugly wheels!