Re: <e28> M5/is factory spoiler removal

Proving that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Reid says:

>Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 07:42:26 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Reid Maynard <reidmaynard@domain.elided>
>Subject: <e28> M5/is factory spoiler removal
>
>I'm sorry, but it's ugly.
>
>In a few weeks I'm going to have work done on my trunk/boot, to fix a
>very leaky trunk.
>
>I'm thinking of asking them to remove the offending spoiler.
<snip>

>Reid
>1987 535is 245Kmiles

Well, I think that the E28 rear deck lid spoiler is one of the best looking
rear spoilers around.  It isn't overdone, and I like the way the top panel is
painted to match the car.  I wish there was a way to make one fit my E30
325i, I'd love to add one instead of that little lip thing that came on the
325is.

OK, if anyone actually knows of a way to fit an E28 rear spoiler to an
E30, let me know, and I'll offer to buy the one that Reid doesn't want any
more.

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/is hybrid w/ no rear spoiler