Rolled M3/4 and brake pads

> pushed, but it was also tail-happy, wanting to come around at
the
> slightest provocation, <snip>
> him set me up better in #4.  The tail came loose.  I
countersteered and
==========
> Dave Hogg
> National Capital Chapter
> '98 M3/4    Squished, Autothority E-prom, Euro box & snorkel
w/K&N
> panel, BL/SS, X-brace, BMP billet strut tower brace, Dinan
shock tower
> brace, Borla cat-back, stainless steel brake lines, Euro
2-piece rotors,
> Pagid carbon pads front & Repco Deluxes rear.

Dave,

first of all, we are glad that you are unhurt and secondly thumbs
up for you sharing the experience with us.

reading your post to the very "last line" made me think:
" Repco Deluxes are not adequate for the track at all. (I
'melted' a set of those in one day doing  only 3 runs of
autocross and additional 3 fun runs about 2 years ago on my 325).

Since you had Pagid Carbon in the front and Repco deluxe in the
rear, most likely you unbalanced your brake bias pretty
significantly (i.e. your Carbon fronts were biting a lot harder
than the PBR Deluxes in the rear). That would also explain why
your car had the tendency to be tail happy.

milos
- --
 92 325i           (oo_OO_oo) (oo_OO_oo) (oo_OO_oo)

Phone & Fax: (727) 938 6355 (evenings & weekends EST)
Real Carbon Fiber trim at: http://www.wp.com/MilosBMW