Interior help - 525iT

Hi:  Can anyone help with the following problem please?

Have a 1993 525iT - has fold down rear seats with a "cargo net" type of pull
up when the seats are down to protect stuff from flying forward in case of a
sudden stop. Or maybe it's to hold pets in - don't know.

The assembly that holds the net is attached to the top rear of the seat. The
one on the left has come loose, and I can't figure out how to tighten it.

Tried to pry some of the plastic covers off, but gave up as I usually break
them, not knowing how they are attached. Brought it to the local dealer, and
he looked at the parts diagrams both on the computer and microfiche, but
couldn't find any diagrams.

Said that if I brought it in for repair, they would probably remove the seat
and take the upholstery off to try to get at it - having no idea how it is
attached.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to remove/tighten the unit?

Thanks - Jack Masino, Hershey, PA     jamasino@domain.elided  93 525iT, 96 328is